Adoption Agency in Pennsylvania
domestic infant placement agency, Licensed, Non-Profit
Why Choose Absolute Love?
Absolute Love Adoptions is committed to comprehensive adoption services that are accessible, ethical, collaborative and well informed. Our vision is to cultivate an adoption conscious community.
Our services are designed for:
Expectant parents seeking information about adoption as they consider their choices for their pregnancy.
Hopeful pre-adoptive parent(s) looking to bring an infant born domestically into their home and family.
We are a small agency and as such, ensure highly individualized services to our clients. We seek to ensure that you are highly satisfied with the way your adoption experience unfolds.
We place a heavy emphasis on education and will encourage you to take advantage of the bountiful resources available. Our goal is to ensure you are well prepared for adoption thoroughly understand the choices available to you, both for expectant parents and prospective adoptive parents.
PREGNANT AND CONSIDERING ADOPTION FOR YOUR CHILD
You’ve come the right place. The fact that you are here looking for information shows your desire to make an informed choice for your pregnancy. We will be here as much as you desire during this season of your life. If you’re ready to talk about your future and how we might be helpful to you, connect with us.
Reasons Women Choose Adoption
- Unemployment, limited income, significant debt, minimal or no support from family
- Feeling too young or too old to parent
- Lack of a support system, father not supportive
- No housing, or unstable living situation
- Substance use, incarceration, high risk lifestyles
- Illness in the mother or the unborn baby
- Unstable mental health
- Domestic violence or rape
- Parenting other children
- Prioritizing career or educational goals
- Not having a desire to be a parent
- ….and many more!
To learn more about why a Doula is helpful during delivery
Birth Mom Stories
Our Birth Mom episodes are Mallory, Leah, Lauren G, Nicole, Kristin and Michelle
Choosing A Family For Your Baby
Visit our Expectant Parent page for more information about adoption with Absolute Love, and links to helpful resources.
For Expectant Parents or Prospective Adoptive Parents wanting more information about how to choose a family, who names the baby, why a Doula is important, what a Home Study is or more adoption related content, visit our blog.
THE DOMESTIC ADOPTION PROCESS
As an individual or couple seeking adoption, the agency process is as follows:
- Complete 3 virtual interviews over the course of several weeks and a Home Safety Inspection. During those interviews we will discuss your life experiences, preparedness for adoption, and expectations of parenting. The corresponding Home Study report is compiled, and you are then considered “approved” and the final report is sent to your placing agency. See below for more information regarding what to expect from a Home Study.
- You are given information about an expectant mother/father considering adoption. You may have access to available medical and social history and you will choose to match with one another.
Add Your Heading Text Here
- Get to know the expectant mother, talk about expectations for openness, and build a foundation for this potential lifelong relationship.
- When expectant mom goes into labor, you may be invited to the birth, be at the hospital, or come meet the baby after they are born.
- Mom/Dad sign paperwork allowing potential adoptive parents to take physical custody of the baby. The subsequent placement paperwork for relinquishments occurs in accordance with your states laws (In PA, this is 72 hours). Consider bringing a thoughtful gift with you for the parents during this emotional time.
- After consents are signed, the agency coordinating your Home Study will also do Post Placement visits. A licensed social worker will conduct a number of visits in accordance with your state laws and their agency policy. Absolute Love’s policy is 3 visits at 1, 3 and 5 months post placement. The purpose of these visits is to ensure your transition to parenthood is supported and that you have guidance through the first few months of nurturing relationship with birth parents.
- The legal process of finalization signals the formal adoption of the child by the adoptive parents and the exit from the supervision period with your placing agency. Your attorney handling the case will schedule this for you per the timeline approved by your state of residence. In PA this typically occurs around 6 months. You then submit for the child’s amended birth certificate and social security card.
THE HOME STUDY PROCESS
A home study is a written report by a licensed professional social worker in your state of residence. The home study provider certifies that you are eligible to adopt. All prospective adoptive parents must have a home study before they are able to take placement of a child.
In PA home studies are current for 1 year and as such, must be updated annually. Additionally, clearances and medicals must also be updated. Click here to review the checklist of items Absolute Love requests.
- Settle $200 invoice and set up your account in our portal
- Submit all support documentation along with remaining $1500 fee
- Schedule your first Home Study interview
- An adoption specialist conducts 3 interviews (1 solo for each applicant and 1 joint) focusing on topics that impact your adoption readiness: finances, spirituality, support, relationships, career, etc. The final step is a Home Safety Inspection to ensure your home is safe and can accomodate another child.
- The Adoption Specialist takes approximately 4 weeks to send you a draft to review. The specialist finalizes the report, stamps the official approval date, and forwards the document to your placing agency/attorney/consultant.